Monday, July 23, 2012

Restringing the Eb Above Middle C

Hopefully you can't tell which one of these is the new string. If you could see the coils then maybe you could!

Upon my first attempt at tuning, I broke the Eb above middle C and just today got the Music Wire in the mail to replace it.

After one wrong order, due to inch to mm conversion and lack of labeling on the companies website, I found the right size wire and ordered it. It took me a while but a chapter from the Reblitz book helped alot. Also I didn't have all of the fancy shmancy restringing tools either but with a pair of small needle nose pliers and my tuning hammer, I was able to get the job done. Everything is sitting on the treble bridge correctly. The only thing I would do differently next time would be measure more carefully. I have one too many winds on each of the two tuning pins.

No comments:

Post a Comment