Monday, July 23, 2012
The Piano I Learned to Play On
I learned a few things. First off was how to take the music desk and key cover off of the piano. This was done by taking a few screws out. I then got to see the drop action of a spinet. After inspecting and cleaning out with a vacuum I started to attempt a temperament.
I got decent results, but wanted to focus more on fixing the unisons that were really off. I ended up spending about an hour just working through different things and afterwards it sounded nice. I still have a bit to do when it comes to the tempering but it was nice to get the piano sounding better considering it hadn't been tuned in over 10 years.