Thursday, July 19, 2012

Some Tuning Literature

I received this book in the mail yesterday and while I haven't had too much of a chance to get into it, it is action packed with tons of great stuff already. It goes into different types of pianos and the maintenance that goes with it. It also goes into 2 different Equal Temperament methods. So far it's been a good read, a lot of pictures/diagrams.

Piano Servicing, Tuning, And Rebuidling - Arthur A. Reblitz


Another experience I was fortunate to have was sitting in a luncheon at the Steinway Gallery of Pittsburgh, PA with a famous piano tuner, Franz Mohr. He Tuned for famous pianist Vladimir Horowitz and more. He gave some great accounts of his time with remarkable artists and I got a copy of his book. So far it's been a good read.

My Life with the Great Pianists - Franz Mohr


No comments:

Post a Comment